Thursday, November 01, 2007

Pecha Kucha in learning!

Pecha Kucha is an attractive presentation format that originally came from artistic people in Tokyo. It forces you to bring your message effectively and attractive by setting some rules: you have only 20 slides with images and you are only allowed to talk 20 seconds per slide. This way you will finish your presentation in 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

Last week with Learning 2007 there was a Pecha Kucha night with educational shows. I found it a very inspiring format as a teaser for a further discussion and it keeps you from those 4 hours, 96 slides PowerPoint disillusions.

Yesterday I created a Pecha Kucha myself and it took me 3 hours to create it. Quite long and that is not surprising: the format force you to really focus on the essence of the subject. It is not an easy thing to do. I think I'm gonna use this format for my learners at some trainings and workshops.

See my first try about Learning 2007, click on the PLAY-button (and yes, I know it is not the best thing ;-)



BTW: the audio possibility in SlideShare is great!!

No comments: